Ensure Your Organization Is Prepared for the Next Disaster
Nonprofit organizations and libraries fill a critical role in delivering services during and after natural disasters, but many are not prepared for the next event.
TechSoup and the Center for Disaster Philanthropy are partnering to support organizational resilience for nonprofit organizations in areas that were affected by Hurricane Harvey. This is a unique opportunity to assess current technology, explore cloud product options and cloud migration strategies, and participate in a community of technology supporters that can help nonprofits be more digitally resilient.
Fill out the form to express interest in participating. It's free for nonprofits and libraries!
What to Expect
- One or more staff members will participate in an online learning track focused on cloud migration and best practices for digital resiliency, a three-month program starting in August, September, or October. (Participants can select their preferred track.)
- You will have the opportunity to attend office hours and in-person events with IT consultants and subject matter experts to ask questions, learn more about disaster relief resources, and network with other nonprofit organizations in your region.
- The additional online Ask the Expert seminar series allows you to learn about best practices in organizational resiliency.
Benefits to Nonprofits and Libraries
Organizations that participate in this program will
- Be part of a network of experts that can support delivery of services in times of disaster and recovery
- Complete an organizational disaster relief plan of action
In order to participate in this program, your organization must be based in or operate in at least one Texas county that was affected by Hurricane Harvey.
Additionally, your organization may be a good fit if
- You are interested in migrating at least some of your data to the cloud
- Your organization does not have a disaster relief plan or it has not been reviewed recently
- Your organization fills a gap in services in times of natural disasters, such as providing food, shelter, clothing, and animal care